Monday, May 6, 2013

Iron Man 3, The Big Wedding & The Lords of Salem

Iron Man 3. I've seen it twice. The first time I saw it I was in one of our newly renovated theatres at AMC Lake in the Hills 12. The renovations of our 4 largest theatres are complete. We've got the new recliners, speakers and screens, new carpeting and fresh paint. Just beautiful! So I'm sitting there alone watching this blockbuster of a movie. The special effects are amazing. The sound is blasting right thru me, rattling my comfortable chair. I guess I could've been watching monkeys dance around explosions and I would've been in heaven. It was a fun movie and I laughed a lot. Some of the jokes fell short but I didn't care. The 2nd time I viewed this movie (later that same day) I caught more of these flaws. But who cares, just enjoy the damn movie. :) The Big Wedding. Or The Big Steamy Pile. On a positive note, I enjoyed seeing this ensemble cast together making the best of this ridiculously unrealistic material. These characters simply do not exist in the real world. Some of the scenes were so awkward and uncomfortable I was embarrassed for the human race. I went to IMDB and researched this incapable writer and director, Justen Zackham. He also wrote The Bucket List. Need I say more? Who green lighted this project? I'd love to meet them so we can get started on making an actual good movie. Steamy pile: 1, Quality material: 0. The Lords of Salem. Rob Zombie's latest horror movie is milder than his previous movies, and filmed at a much more deliberately relaxed pace. His wife is the lead actress, well, the lead anyway. Not much acting going on with her, but hey, she's hot. Watching this movie is like an acid trip. Some of the shots are very strange, often shocking and quite effective at creating an uneasy mood. I saw way too many old ladies completely nude, and I really didn't know what the hell was going on, but I was never bored. I think R.Z is experimenting while maturing. We shall see what he has in store for us next...

No comments:

Post a Comment