Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Swayze Cinema Spectacular!

Martha and I recently sat down to watch 4 Patrick Swayze films, making it an all day Sunday event of epic proportions.

GHOST - I hadn't seen "Ghost" in a long time, and although flawed at times with gooey cheesiness and a syrupy script, it manages to tug the heart strings and effectively manipulate us like it wants to. Whoopi Goldberg deserved the Oscar she received in this emotionally driven, often hilarious performance. This movie is historical, and will carry its legacy deep into the future, taking the love with it...

TO WONG FOO, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, LOVE JULIE NEWMAR - Swayze, Snipes, and Leguizamo in drag...Who could ask for more? Swayze is really good here and his Golden Globe nomination is well deserved. Miss Vida is the richest character that Swayze ever played, and the performance of his career. Good stuff!

DIRTY DANCING - I could get shot for saying this, but DD is an over-rated film that deserves little critical acclaim. It's a fun movie to watch, but the script is mediocre and the performances seem over-the-top. All of this gloom and doom did not, however, prevent me from viewing this movie about 10 times...so it's got something...just not incredible substance...Sorry Patrick...Forgive me...
"Just a fool to believe I have anything she needs..."

BLACK DOG - This 1998 lesser known Patrick Swayze film marks the Return-of-the-Semi movie! Yay! "Black Dog" Co-stars singers, Meat Loaf and Randy Travis...crazy, I know! Plenty of semi-crushing action in an absurd plot that will leave you wishing you had a semi of your own to destroy some shit!


And no we didn't have the movie "Roadhouse" and Martha thinks it's gay and she is wrong and "Roadhouse" must be viewed A.S.A.P.

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I was there! I agree Roadhouse is a must. With Swayze's half naked body, bar fights, a killing spree in the end, how can you go wrong? God, Bob, I really miss my movie watching buddy!!

    ReplyDelete